Friday, January 29, 2010

The Bride Throws The Cake...

Well, it didn't take long for people to start sending me wedding disaster stories (thank you very much!) and I thought I'd lead with a short cake-related one, for obvious reasons.

One bride, having indulged a little too much at the bar, apparently decided that cutting the cake wasn't dramatic enough. Instead of just feeding a piece to her husband, she grabbed an entire tier off of the cake and threw it at the guests! Very Klaasssy. The venue later decided to close the bar early due to the dirty dancing the bride was doing with one of the bridesmaids.

Oh, how I would have liked to have been there to see that. I guess I'll have to settle for Jerry Springer for now. Keep those stories coming, though, I'm enjoying them!
 Kara Buntin owns A Cake To Remember LLC in Richmond VA, and cake supplies online at www.acaketoremember.com and www.acaketoremember.etsy.com

2 comments:

Jenniffer said...

Oh no! The one thing I like about doing wedding cakes is that I almost never get to see them cut. Sometimes I daydream that they decide not to cut it because it's SO pretty! A girl can dream, right?

I really enjoyed reading through your blog. I too have a licensed kitchen built on to my home and try to do everything myself!

-Jenniffer
http://cupadeecakes.blogspot.com

Kara said...

I sometimes wonder what happens to the cake after I set up and leave it. I guess that it's good to not know all the time!