Sunday, March 14, 2010

Cake Design--Pirate Ship Cake

There are some cakes that you just look forward to making, and this was one of those. It's funny, because I posted on my twitter account when I was hired to do this, and a bunch of bakers wrote back that they'd love to do one, too. Must be something about a pirate ship...This was for a three-year-old's birthday, so I couldn't scatter rum bottles all over the deck, but it was still fun to do!



The entire ship was edible other than the masts. The sails were made from rice paper, and everything else was either modeling chocolate or piped chocolate. (I'll correct that, it was piped "chocolate", since I had candy melts that were black already I used those so that I wouldn't have to color real chocolate.




This photo includes the client's pirate figures that she's going to put on the cake.





 Kara Buntin owns A Cake To Remember LLC in Richmond VA, and cake supplies online at www.acaketoremember.com and www.acaketoremember.etsy.com

3 comments:

Linda Barrett said...

The cake was AMAZING! You are so very talented-Gavin LOVED it- there was a "viewing" line at the party- all the moms had their cameras out and were taking pictures of the cake! I gave your name out to a lot of people. The kids just stood inches away from the cake drooling. Once we got home from the party, Gavin wanted more cake- so i set it on the table and let him eat whatever he wanted and he was SO cute and even had the pirate figures eating cake with him. You rock- Once again, you made us an amazing cake- such a work of art. Thank you so much for making my 3 year olds day! I will send you pictures! Linda

Jamie said...

Kara! This is awesome! I have to admit, I would be intimidated.

Kara said...

Jamie, what would you be intimidated by? The mighty cannon on the ship? Ha ha,your cakes rock, you have nothing to be intimidated about. You would probably kick my butt in a cake fight!

Linda, I'm glad he liked it, and to have the other mothers taking pictures of it is my goal!