Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Crocheted Pants Cake Part 2

If you haven't read the story of the crocheted pants groom's cake, this won't make any sense, so go here first!

I was very excited when I received an email from Rob Garland Photographers that the photos of Bodhi and Ellis Ann's wedding were available. I'd been waiting to see the pants, and boy, I wasn't disappointed.  I didn't know that they were going to be my favorite color green. They matched the color scheme of the reception (see the bridesmaids in the background of the first shot) and they also matched the natural setting, which was the bride's family's farm. Nicely done!
The wedding cake has been lost in all of the pants talk, but it was designed to mimic the pattern on the bride's dress. The photo of the couple shows what the dress looked like, and the cake had the same pleat and knots design. That was a lot of gumpaste knots...

This was such a fun wedding to work on, and the photos of the reception really showed how much fun the couple and their guests had that day. Thanks to Rob Garland for letting me use the pictures, and congratulations and good crocheting to Bodhi and Ellis Ann!

 Kara Buntin owns A Cake To Remember LLC in Richmond VA, and cake supplies online at www.acaketoremember.com and www.acaketoremember.etsy.com

No comments: