Sunday, September 12, 2010

Custom Wedding Cake of the Week

This wedding cake really amused me, not only because the colors were lively and it had a lot of pattern on it. I liked it before the topper was put on it, but when I saw what they wanted to use on the top tier I just started laughing. Where do you get devil rubber duckies, anyway? Too funny...

I also finally got some use out of the Cricut to make the paisleys. (I used a very high-tech device called a "round cutter" to make the circles.)



 Kara Buntin owns A Cake To Remember LLC in Richmond VA, and cake supplies online at www.acaketoremember.com and www.acaketoremember.etsy.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's a whole rubber duck craze and they are dressed up as anything you can imagine. Kara that paisley and scroll tier had me at first glance.
~Sarah

Rosie said...

Yeah, orientaltrading has every kind of rubber duckies.

I have the cricut cake- traded it in for my expression, since it can cut both paper and fondant/gumpaste, but I have only used it once.

Love this cake. The combination of colors is great.