Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Tree Cake

This one was another painted cake...Here it is naked and waiting for me...
 
 Then I painted tree trunks on it...
















Then it gets some leaves...
















And then I airbrush some tiny leaves on the top tier...

















And here it is with the deer toppers at the reception site.





I love painted cakes, because they're few and far between. Any of you brides who want a cake that has hand-painted designs on it, come on over!






 Kara Buntin owns A Cake To Remember LLC in Richmond VA, and cake supplies online at www.acaketoremember.com and www.acaketoremember.etsy.com

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Stunning Kara! I wish I had an art background!

Grandma Tillie's Bakery said...

Cool! I love doing painted cakes and I too wish more people wanted them.

Hey by the way, I was going to suggest you write a blog post about scratch baking. As in helping people that really want to learn to bake from scratch--maybe even a series?

I make all of my cakes and baked goods from scratch with one glaring exception--the dreaded white cakes. I want to produce a fluffy cake that is not dry and have yet to succeed so I end up using an altered mix to get the cake people want. They tell me my scratch cakes are pretty good, but I think they are too used to growing up with their mom making box cakes and they are comparing them to that so they say my white scratch cakes seem dense, too heavy. I think it's the butter that causes the density.

I would love to be able to make a wonderful white cake from scratch, but really need some pointers...

Kara said...

Look for a post on the 13th about this, that's a fun idea! Do you have a recipe that you were using for a white cake? could you send it to me?