Wednesday, December 8, 2010

It's Usually Good To Let The Bride And Groom Cut The Wedding Cake

An awesome wedding cake horror story that I recently heard from some clients. They were at a wedding, and dinner hadn't been served yet, when an older couple walked up to the cake table and just started cutting themselves pieces of the wedding cake. They said that the bride was pretty mellow about it, but that some of the other guests were up in arms. I think that's actually pretty horrifyingly funny, personally. If nothing else, it definitely gave the other guests something to talk about over dinner!

For those of you who are saying "What's the big deal, they just wanted some cake," here's a suggestion for something you might want to put on your Christmas list!



 Kara Buntin owns A Cake To Remember LLC in Richmond VA, and cake supplies online at www.acaketoremember.com and www.acaketoremember.etsy.com

5 comments:

BellaLovesPink said...

Not cool!!!

Anonymous said...

No way! I once had a guest at a brunch walk in the door and immediately cut himself a big piece of cake. I had taken me a LONG time to make that cake, and I was disappointed that no one else saw the finished product. I would think that people would think twice about cutting the first slice out of any cake, but a WEDDING cake?!?!? It boggles the mind.

I'm glad the bride was so mellow about it. In the end, getting all worked up wouldn't help. Good for her!
Amy

Jamie said...

Ummm, I have no words. I personally would have hacked off their right hands with the cake server, but that's just me.

Grandma Tillie's Bakery said...

Was it my Dad? LOL We were at a relative's fancy wedding and as we were all heading to the beautifully decorated reception area my Dad walked up where the servers were carefully arranging the food, grabbed a plate from their hands and heaped it full of food.

One server quickly walked up to him and quietly told him the food was not yet ready to serve. My Dad got mad and yelled at her about how hungry he was as she removed the plate from his hands. We could have DIED from embarrassment.

I believe he was raised by wolves.

Kara said...

That's hilarious!