Sunday, April 17, 2011

Tulip Wedding Cake

Here's the tulip wedding cake from this afternoon. The bride was lucky that the weather had cleared up since yesterday's storms, and it was a beautiful day for an outdoor reception.

The tulips were gumpaste with centers that I made myself, so those stamens are one-of-a-kind! The flowers were made with wireless petals that were attached to the wired center with melted chocolate. It's a fast method that I use a lot, a tutorial for it will be coming soon.


 Kara Buntin owns A Cake To Remember LLC in Richmond VA, and cake supplies online at www.acaketoremember.com and www.acaketoremember.etsy.com

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I love love love tuplips. Such a beautiful cake, Kara!

Anonymous said...

What a pretty cake Kara! Tulips and hydrangeas are my faves. The look so real--fabulous!
cindy/cindy's cakery