Saturday, July 2, 2011

Stencilled Wedding Cake

This cake had hexagonal tiers with a round tier on pillars. The roses and the ribbons were made from a combination of fondant and chocolate clay, and the pattern on the sides was based on the pattern on the couple's invitations.

This cake was done in buttercream, and the side pattern was made with a custom-made stencil. A tutorial on stencilling on buttercream is scheduled for next week!


 Kara Buntin owns A Cake To Remember LLC in Richmond VA, and cake supplies online at www.acaketoremember.com and www.acaketoremember.etsy.com

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My goodness your cake looks amazing!! I definitely need more practice and tips on stenciling technique. My first foray resulted in unwanted indentations in the buttercream and my stencil moved a little which of course caused a bit of a shadow. Took a while but I was able to fix the boo boos but can't imagine doing a whole entire cake with stencils. I'm really looking forward to your tutorial :D
cindy/cindy's cakery

Zoraya Jennings said...

Beautiful cake Kara! I love this one!!! I could use some tips from you on stenciling on buttercream.

Sweet Tooth Desserts said...

This is gorgeous!!! You did an amazing job, I like Zoraya would like tips on stenciling on butter-cream!!

Anonymous said...

Nice cake!

Wedding Cakes said...

Beautiful! It is really very rewarding to see such work of art. Wedding cakes really makes a wonderful image and a very good part of the unforgettable wedding experience.