Saturday, July 16, 2011

You Should Want To Eat The Cake, Not Just Look At It.

I love a good wedding cake design as much as any decorator. But come on, when you do a cake like this one, it reminds you that sometimes you should just look at a cake and want to stick a finger into the icing.




This one was iced in vanilla buttercream and had chocolate ganache poured onto the tiers. I sugared some fruit using large sanding sugar so that it had a glittery look. I have to say that it looked delicious.


The flavors inside were chocolate fudge with strawberry meringue buttercream, and orange with Grand Marnier meringue.



I was lucky enough to see the bride (who wasn't dressed for the wedding yet, obviously) while I was finishing the delivery, so I borrowed her for a photo. Thanks for being a good sport and posing, Jessicka!



 Kara Buntin owns A Cake To Remember LLC in Richmond VA, and cake supplies online at www.acaketoremember.com and www.acaketoremember.etsy.com

2 comments:

sandrina.sanda said...

Ooooh! I love these!

Deeva said...

Looks and sounds delish.