Wednesday, August 10, 2011

ICES Part 4--Gumpaste Flowers

There were some really nice gumpaste flowers on display in the cake room at ICES this year, and there were a lot of cakes that had flowers that were shipped straight from the Phillipines via Gumpaste-Flowers-R-Us.

For future reference, if you put a cake on display, try to make the flowers yourself. Buying them doesn't impress.

So here are a few that had some good flowers on them.

First was Pamela Langston from North Carolina. She had a few things on display, and her flowers were beautiful. There were poinsettias and Irises...







Peonies...










And Callas.











Another person, and I apologize that I forgot to take note of the decorator's name, did some beautiful roses.






Then there were some fantasy flowers that I liked just because the overall cake was cute. This one was made by Holly Whitworth Kelley from Mississippi.










More tomorrow...


 Kara Buntin owns A Cake To Remember LLC in Richmond VA, and cake supplies online at www.acaketoremember.com and www.acaketoremember.etsy.com

5 comments:

Monique said...

That gold/white one was by Diane Tornow of SC. I loved that one.

Kara said...

Thanks, Monique!

Kristin said...

Where's my fantasy flower Kara? :)

Kara said...

I didn't see your cake there! I was wandering around, think that I missed an aisle.

Kristin said...

It wasn't with the rest of VA... they must have condensed some things, but left my cake over by West VA.