Friday, October 7, 2011

Tapered Square Tiers Video

One of my cake friends was having trouble visualizing how to cut a square tier into a tapered shape. Not slanted, but just tapered, with the bottom smaller than the top. Being a visual person myself, I did this little video to show how to do it the easy way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEz997KrbkQ

The guidelines that I threw in there about the size of the tiers isn’t a hard-and-fast rule. You can, of course, make the bases larger than I say, just as you can make the tops larger. Just remember to leave enough space to dowel the cakes well.

Did you know that you can also cut tilted tiers and have the angle be perfectly the same from one tier to another using the Agbay? Maureen Agbay showed me how to do it when I talked to her at ICES. It was a neat trick, so maybe I’ll do that video next, unless they already have it up on their website as a demo.



 Kara Buntin owns A Cake To Remember LLC in Richmond VA, and cake supplies online at www.acaketoremember.com and www.acaketoremember.etsy.com

1 comment: