Every industry has its own catchphrases. The wedding industry is no exception, but the phrases that are bandied about on blogs and social media can get pretty ridiculous.
After I go through my google reader and have to face the assault of hundreds of bridal blogs that all have a mind-numbing sameness to them, I’m pretty done with certain catchphrases. These are a few of the ones I’d like to never hear again. Please.
1. “Swoonworthy”-- Do I even need to explain why this is dumb?
2. “Game Changer”-- Generally used when someone is trying to sell you something.
3. “Love”-- Used as a one-word commentary, I always feel like this should have the “o” written like a heart in a 5th-grader’s handwriting.
If you love something, say why. Makes it more interesting.
4. “_____is this year’s________” Ah, the trendsetters. Again, used when someone wants to sell you something. God forbid that you use last year’s shade of puce when this year’s shade of puce is so much better.
5. “Rustic” I have to admit that I use this one to describe roughly-iced cakes because I don't have many other options, but I really don’t like it. Too many things are described as “rustic” when they’re really just cheaply made out of dirty burlap.
If someone has a good alternative to this term, please let me know.
I know that I can’t be the only one who has wedding words or phrases they’d prefer to never hear again. What are some of yours? Add them in the comments section below so that we can all feel the pain.