Monday, December 26, 2011

My Belated Christmas Gift To You...An Awesome Letter Asking For Free Cake

My disclaimer: Most brides are totally normal. Not everyone is, though, and although encountering a bridezilla-type can be frightening at first it can be funny in retrospect. I hope that this amuses you.

Let me preface this by saying that I'm not the only person who got this letter. Several other wedding businesses that I know of also received it. One business said that they keep a file full of letters like this and when they need a laugh they get them out and read them.

This also came with a supplement, pictured at right, of the ad rates for buying advertising in the wedding program.

The abridged letter reads:

Dear Sir or Madam:

It is my pleasure to invite you to become an esteemed sponsor of our wedding. I hope that this remarkable event in my life will be more beautiful with your cooperation by providing financial assistance and other wedding services.

...On the wedding day, many influential people in the communities of ---------- will be present to participate in the celebration and for wishing me a happy married life. For this reason, I want to make this celebration in a grand style that will be remembered as a great example of a beautiful life. I believe that you will have a great opportunity to advertise your company products and services during the wedding.

The wedding celebration will be at -------- in the presence of approximately 500 guests. I have started my wedding website on which I will write about the wedding celebration details. This publication will keep updated all my relatives, guests, and friends about my wedding. Along with the aforementioned positive aspects of becoming a sponsor, the following are other aspects that could definitely help your company to expand your clientele in the ever growing, billion dollar wedding industry.

-Your generous sponsorship would be highlighted on announcements and programs which would be sent out to our entire guest list regionally and nationally that will reach 500+ guests.
-Your generosity will be highlighted during the introduction at the reception by the speaker.
-Signage placed on a specific table recognizing contribution at the reception.
-Advertisement from your company to be placed in our newsletter afterward.
-Recognition on our facebook page and website
-A representative of your company would be welcome to attend so that we could thank you personally for your support.
-Photos would be released which will also provide great scope to show people how your company helped manage our wedding in a beautiful style.
-Last but not least, a potentially tax-deductible donation.

I look forward to hearing from you.


Well, you can't lose anything by asking, but really? I have nothing else to add. Until Wednesday, when I have an awesome overreaction to show you.

Kara Buntin owns A Cake To Remember LLC, custom wedding cakes in Richmond VA

4 comments:

SweetThingsTO said...

no way.... i have no words...

Ultimate Cake said...

Oh my. She should be ashamed (not to mention have someone proofread her letter and check all the grammatical errors).

pbuder said...

I'm just curious... do you know if anyone did sponsor? Or buy add space?

Kara Buntin said...

The people who I know didn't, and I really hope that nobody did!