Saturday, February 18, 2012

White and Silver Wedding Cake

I made some display cakes for a wedding show that's doing a cake exhibit...Last week I showed the orange wrap one that was representative of springtime. This week I have the one that I did for a winter wedding.

This one has rough strokes of icing and fantasy flowers made from tulip petals.

The centers of the flowers are covered with silver leaf, and I took some more silver leaf and put it here and there on the icing.

Since the silver is real it has a good shine to it, which is something that you have to be careful with if you use silver luster dust. The combination of the white and the silver is a clean one and nice for a winter wedding.


 Kara Buntin owns A Cake To Remember LLC in Richmond VA, and cake supplies online at www.acaketoremember.com and www.acaketoremember.etsy.com

1 comment:

Canterbury Cakes said...

I think this would be lovely for a rustic wedding. Gorgeous!