Saturday, March 3, 2012

Coffin Birthday Cake

I got a call from David, who wanted to treat his cousin to a beautiful cake to celebrate his 30th birthday. What better way to do this than with a coffin cake?

Yeah, I know, 30 isn't so old, but so what? If you're younger than the person who's turning 30 you can rub it in a little bit.

So I did a coffin with a tombstone and a beautiful graveyard scene to go with it. The coffin itself was the cake, and the scenery was made from icing, chocolate and gumpaste. I also used some chocolate branches to make it more lovely.


 Kara Buntin owns A Cake To Remember LLC in Richmond VA, and cake supplies online at www.acaketoremember.com and www.acaketoremember.etsy.com

2 comments:

SweetThingsTO said...

Hilarious idea! Great cake!

Canterbury Cakes said...

This is a very cool cake, but I'm not sure how I would feel if I was presented with it...perhaps that's because I'm 40 now and it's so much closer to the truth ;o)