Saturday, August 18, 2012

Another Ruffle Wedding Cake--With Hydrangeas This Time.

I think I've become the Queen of Ruffle Cake Land...But I don't have any more on the books that I can think of, so here's the last one for a while.



This one was different because it didn't feature the large peonies that other ruffle cakes tend to sport. The gumpaste flowers on this one were hydrangea, which go well with the ruffle theme.



I added some leaves because it just looked better. I think that leaves on floral groupings adds a nice touch, even though a lot of cakes don't use them.







 Kara Buntin owns A Cake To Remember LLC in Richmond VA, and cake supplies online at www.acaketoremember.com and www.acaketoremember.etsy.com

4 comments:

Janet Hall said...

I love the hydrangeas on this style as it seems more delicate than the normal larger flowers. It is very beautiful!

Kara Buntin said...

Thanks, Janet. I like the hydraangeas too. It would also be pretty with some baby's breath-type flowers, something that would go along with the fluffy kind of tone the ruffles set.

ChatterBlossom said...

I agree with Janet. The hydrangeas do look compliment the delicate nature of the ruffles. Gorgeous!

Janet Hall said...

I am suggesting a cake with this style to a customer of mine who is on the fence on what design she wants for her vintage design. I hope she goes for it as I really would like to try my hand at it. Hope I can do the effect justice like you!