Wednesday, August 22, 2012

More Stump Cake Stand Tips





When I got to this reception the planner had a couple of cake stand options. One was a wooden stump stand, which we both liked better than the silver stand, but it looked stupid with the cake board sitting on it because the board was a little too big.

We decided to add baby's breath around the base of the cake to disguise the fact that the board was slightly larger than the stump. It worked nicely and matched the rustic feel of the cake and reception.

I'm not saying that you should travel with baby's breath in case of a stump emergency, but it does come in handy.


 Kara Buntin owns A Cake To Remember LLC in Richmond VA, and cake supplies online at www.acaketoremember.com and www.acaketoremember.etsy.com

3 comments:

Eva Farragher said...

Hi Kara! Thanks for the tip. Do you hire out a stump stand yourself? Where do you get them from, or do you have to make one yourself? Also - did you make the cake topper for that cake, or is it from Etsy? I'm just curious how those toppers are made!
Cheers
Eva

Kara Buntin said...

I dont own the stump stands, i think that most people do get them from Etsy these days. They need to be cut very flat and level, so it takes a saw that I don't own!

As far as the toper, i didnt make that either. I think tht it was made from grapevines, and I don't know how it was bent that way.maybe that will be my next research project :)

ChatterBlossom said...

It also looks really good with the dots of the cake! Very pretty and nice save! ;-)