Saturday, September 22, 2012

Purple Bows Wedding Cake

This one was another example of purple acting strangely...I had to make the bow loops ahead of time so that they would dry, and I brushed them with powder color to make sure they'd stay purple.

The lighting at the venue made them look blue in some places and purple in others, so there was probably some fading that the powder did end up covering. The lighting guy turned off the spotlight that was going to be on the cake when I asked him to, because I had visions of the purple totally washing out by the time the reception started!

Goes to show you that you never can tell what purple will do...


 Kara Buntin owns A Cake To Remember LLC in Richmond VA, and cake supplies online at www.acaketoremember.com and www.acaketoremember.etsy.com

1 comment:

ChatterBlossom said...

Oooh, I really like the color though. And a bluish purple often seems richer to me.