Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Watch Your Backgrounds


 
 
 
 
Here's a picture of a cute wedding cake. When I took this photo they were still setting up in the tent behind me, so I took the opportunity to demonstrate what can happen if you don't pay attention to the backgrounds in your photos.

 
 

If you move just a little to the left to take the picture you get a nice addition to the background...A stack of red glass crates.

This isn't unusual, as far as I can see. Just last week I saw a couple of photos of nice cakes with unsavory elements in the background. Fire alarm boxes, big electrical outlets, exit signs...They can all ruin what is otherwise a nice photo.

Sure, you can always photoshop out a bad background, but it's easier to be aware of what's in the viewfinder when you're actually taking the picture.


 Kara Buntin owns A Cake To Remember LLC in Richmond VA, and cake supplies online at www.acaketoremember.com and www.acaketoremember.etsy.com

No comments: