Saturday, October 27, 2012

A Starry Night Cake


I love Starry Night cakes...They all have something different about them, but since they're all based on the painting it's fun to see how different people interpret it.




I did one a while ago, and I did this one for a wedding yesterday. For this one I basically painted the design on the buttercream with food coloring. I had done this using more colored buttercream before, but this time I just used straight food coloring for the most part.










Kara Buntin owns A Cake To Remember LLC, custom wedding cakes in Richmond VA

4 comments:

ChatterBlossom said...

Geez louise! That is really good! Super impressive, especially being on a tiered and rounded 3D object. Great job Kara!
-Jamie
http://chatterblossom.blogspot.com/

Kara Buntin said...

Thank you, Jamie!

Eva Farragher said...

Beautiful work, Kara! I keep wanting to do this for for a clientbut no-one alas has asked me yet :-( I love VVG, and this is a favourite of mine. I think the painting lends itself to a buttercream design, rather than fondant.

SweetThingsTO said...

That is amazing!!!!