Monday, November 19, 2012

Business Monday: Stay Organized! (Or, do what I say, not what I do)

I'm lucky enough to have an office where I can store cake-related things. The problem is that I tends to toss things in there, saying "I'll deal with this later."

However, later rarely comes, and you're eventually left with a wall of junk that you have to sort through and put away. This is a view of the interior of my office:

 

Wait, that doesn't do it justice. What about this:

Yeah, that's better. My business balance tip of the day is to keep your workspace organized. If you take 10 minutes at the end of the day to straighten up, you can avoid a situation like the photos above.

My goal for the next week is to take care of the organizational situation in my office. I'll post photos next Monday and exhibit my progress.


 Kara Buntin owns A Cake To Remember LLC in Richmond VA, and cake supplies online at www.acaketoremember.com and www.acaketoremember.etsy.com

2 comments:

Stacey Fruchey said...

OMG! I'm glad I'm not the only one! Except I don't have an office, so this tends to be my kitchen/dining area!

Buttercream Dreams, LLC said...

My "shop" part of the business is organized...my desk and paperwork on the other hand seems to be my downfall. Answering the emails, typing the contracts following consults, filing the filled order contracts, invoices, etc....making progress, but an uphill battle! So glad this space is separate from the rest of the house though. Happy organizing...can't wait to see pictures!