Saturday, July 6, 2013

Red Roses and Bling Cake

This buttercream wedding cake had red gumpaste roses and silver bling wrap around the base of the tiers. The pattern was piped on in red buttercream.

This bling wrap is a plastic mesh that has plastic discs that reflect the light and look like rhinestones. It can be cut easily with scissors, and you can get it in lengths of 1 foot from cake stores, or order it in longer lengths from my shop here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/127029203/silver-rhinestone-wrap-for-cake

Or here for gold: https://www.etsy.com/listing/127029329/gold-rhinestone-wrap-for-cake-decorating

If you use a lot of it, you might want to invest in a bulk amount at Koyal Wholesale...It's the cheapest price I've found for it, and if you don't use it too often who cares? You can just keep it until you need it!


Kara Buntin owns A Cake To Remember LLC,  online cake supplies at  www.acaketoremember.com and www.acaketoremember.etsy.com

2 comments:

k parker said...

Hi Kara. I was wondering, how do you keep your all butter buttercream from falling off the cake? Thanks!

Kara Buntin said...

If you mean in the heat, I refrigerate all of my cakes after they've been decorated per health department rules. So when I deliver them they're cold in a box and they stay pretty cool until I set them up. As long as everything's air conditioned the icing isn't going to come off of the cake. If it's an outdoor reception during a hot time of the year I'll only do fondant, no buttercream.