Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Coloring Floral Tape

I had an Etsy order for some lily of the valley, and the customer requested that I use a light green floral tape. No problem.

So I went to the store to get it, and they didn't have any. Neither did the three other stores I went to. Well great, now what?

I decided to try to color some white tape, not knowing if that would work or not. Turns out that you can brush powder color onto the tape and it will still work just fine.

I used some Crystal Colors in orchid for this, and brushed a long length of white floral tape with the color. Then I wrapped the stems the usual way, and it gave me a light green stem. Done.


Kara Buntin owns A Cake To Remember LLC,  online cake supplies at  www.acaketoremember.com and www.acaketoremember.etsy.com

3 comments:

Loving Traditions Cakery LLC said...

Great job thinking out of the box...thanks for sharing.
Debbie

Norma Dillon said...

I know this was posted a while back, but I'm curious....does the poweder rub off on you fingers as you're wrapping the wires? I'm just not sure how well the powder will stay on the tape versus your fingers.

Kara Buntin said...

If I remember correctly, it stayed on there pretty well. I end up with colored hands at the end of every day, though, so it may have rubbed off some and i just didn't notice. The texture of the tape if tacky enough to grab the color, so it does hold it on well.