Wednesday, March 12, 2014

How to Use Shallow and Skinny Silicone Molds

Some of the molds that I sell are fairly shallow, and some people seem to have trouble figuring out how to keep the gumpaste in them. Same thing with molds that have skinny cavities, like ones for scrolls and sticks.

I've used molds from other companies before that are so shallow and skinny they were pretty much impossible to use, until I figured out the crisco trick that allows you to spread gumpaste rather than stuffing it into the cavity. Here's a video showing a few different methods of using smaller molds.



Kara Buntin owns A Cake To Remember LLC,  online cake supplies at  www.acaketoremember.com and www.acaketoremember.etsy.com

2 comments:

k parker said...

Hi kara. Could you please tell me where you buy your bottles of vanilla paste? Thank you!

Kara Buntin said...

I don't use vanilla paste, I don't like the flecks in the batter, people think they're dirt. Don't ask why they do, I just don't want to have to eplain it.