Thursday, May 29, 2014

Purple Isn't The Only Color That Fades

Whenever you do anything that needs a bright color, make sure to give yourself some time to see if the color is going to stay the same or fade out. I make things darker than they need to be because I assume that they'll fade some.

These leaves are a good example...I made them and then realized that I needed more a day later. When I took out the gumpaste I'd used, and the leaves that had been made the previous day, this is the difference in color. The lighter ones were dry, and the color had changed pretty dramatically. The darker ones were newly-made and still dark.

So make sure to test the color before your final items are needed, just to make sure the color change won't be too drastic.


Kara Buntin owns A Cake To Remember LLC,  online cake supplies at  www.acaketoremember.com and www.acaketoremember.etsy.com

No comments: