1. Never walk away from your cream while it's whipping or you'll end up with butter.
2. Never walk away from your sugar while it's cooking or you'll end up with charcoal.
3. Solid-colored shirts are magnets for grease and batter. Wear prints when you bake, they disguise marks better.
4. Don't stick a spoon under running water to rinse it if it's bowl side up.
5. The Agbay cake leveler is very sharp and cuts human flesh as well as it does cakes.
6. Cooked sugar is really, really hot and burny. Also, blisters can form below the skin and take a couple of weeks to go away.
7. Don't leave out the sugar, the recipe won't work if you do.
8. Always buy more eggs than you think you need. If you don't have extras, that will be the day that you need to rebake something.
9. Don't pour anything red into a running mixer if it's turned on high and you don't have a pour shield on the bowl.
10. Don't airbrush near the intake of your home's heating and cooling system unless you enjoy cleaning food coloring off of the floor in every room.
Kara Buntin owns A Cake To Remember LLC, online cake supplies at www.acaketoremember.com and www.acaketoremember.etsy.com