Friday, July 24, 2015

Mountain Biking Cake, Or Know Your Limits!

This cake had the bride and groom at the top of the mountain and their dogs riding bikes up the trail to the top.

When the bride asked me about this design, I told her that I'm not the best figure modeller, and that I don't really like doing it, but I would draw the people on gumpaste. I can draw, I just hate modeling 3-D figures.

I'm also not afraid to tell people if I don't want to or can't do something, since it's a lot better to do that than it is to overpromise. The bride was fine with having the figures drawn, and this is a good example of how you can work around the things that you prefer not to do for whatever reason. Just offer an alternative.


Kara Buntin owns A Cake To Remember LLC,  online cake supplies at  www.acaketoremember.com and www.acaketoremember.etsy.com

No comments: