Monday, November 23, 2015

Sampler Cakes For Designs- How to Make Fondant Ruffles Video

In the olden days when people actually piped things, I heard of people piping different borders on a dummy cake so that brides could see what they actually look like instead of just looking at pictures.

I thought that was a good idea, but I never got around to doing it myself. I did, however, decide to do a "ruffle sampler" cake so that I could show clients what different types of fondant ruffles look like on a cake. I did a video to go along with it, showing how to make each type of ruffle, so take a look.



There are 7 different varieties of ruffles on it, and I've made a note of where the instructions for each one starts on the video description, so you don't need to watch the whole thing if you only want to see one type. Just skip to the time mark where the one you like starts and ignore the rest.




Kara Buntin owns A Cake To Remember LLC,  online cake supplies at  www.acaketoremember.com and www.acaketoremember.etsy.com

No comments: