Sunday, March 13, 2016

Wafer Paper Orchids



I make wafer paper orchids, but generally only in white. Coloring the petals can give you splotchy results if you've also used things like crisco or piping gel on the petals to make them flexible.

I was thinking about how to color wafer paper flowers in general without having them end up looking really flat. I had done the "laminated gumpaste" thing, and had also been planning for quite a while to print out some patterned flower petals that I photographed months ago. I finally got around to buying an orchid, ripping it apart, and taking pictures of each petal.



After photoshopping the petals, I had a template to print them out in a few different colors. I then used those to assemble an orchid that had colored petals and some depth because the details are still visible.


Kara Buntin owns A Cake To Remember LLC, custom wedding cakes in Richmond VA, and cake supplies online at www.acaketoremember.biz and www.acaketoremember.etsy.com

No comments: