Friday, October 14, 2016

How To Make Realistic Fondant Or Gumpaste Popcorn For Cakes

Fondant popcorn that most people make is pretty cartoon-y, which is fine if you're going for that look. If you want to make more realistic popcorn, though, you should get some real popcorn to study first, then ditch the cutters, since you don't need them. If I'm going to go to the trouble of making fake food, I like it to look more realistic, so this is what I came up with:



I'll add that if there's a cake that you could just use real popcorn on, do that, it's a lot faster! But if you want to be fancy and impress people, here's a video showing how I figured out a way to make realistic gumpaste popcorn without cutters.


This is the kind of thing I would sell online, but it's a little time-consuming, so it ain't cheap...Honestly, I'd use real popcorn on it, probably kettle corn (which is the best kind of popcorn if we're telling the truth). Try it out and let me know what you think of this way of making it, or if you can figure out another way to make it better!


Kara Buntin owns A Cake To Remember LLC in Richmond VA, and cake supplies online at www.acaketoremember.com and www.acaketoremember.etsy.com

2 comments:

Unknown said...

These look great! Thanks for the instructional video.

Diane McC said...

Excellent tutorial. Thank you!