Friday, November 11, 2016

Edible Ink Printing Part 2 - Error Messages and Settings.

Oh my God...I got every error message possible while I was making this video. I think that I'm so used to them that I don't notice how often they come up. But if you do want an edible ink printer you'd better get used to dealing with them. This could help:


The basics from this video are:

-- Wafer paper and icing sheets might need different print quality settings. Icing sheets (in my experience) need a higher-quality photo print setting or they look streaky. Wafer paper does fine with a standard setting. You'll need to experiment with your printer to figure out what settings work best.

--Error codes are frequent and plentiful. It's not a matter of if you'll get one, it's a matter of when.

--The first thing to try for an error code is to turn the printer off and then back on. If that doesn't work, turn your computer that you're printing from off and back on. If that doesn't work, try one of my other solutions, depending on which code it is.

--A hammer is effective in destroying a printer that won't behave, but throwing it out the window is faster.


Kara Buntin owns A Cake To Remember LLC in Richmond VA, and cake supplies online at www.acaketoremember.com and www.acaketoremember.etsy.com

No comments: